Ginga Ninja: Anti-Inflammatory Cleansing Juice
Ingredients for two serves of the Ginga Ninga:
- Fresh Ginger (one large finger)
- Fresh Turmeric (one large finger)
- 6 medium sized carrots
- 1 large lemon, skin peeled
- 1 large orange, skin peeled
Using a juicer, add all of the ingredients in slowly, and pour over ice and be cleansed!
Information on Inflammation and how the Ginga Ninja will help:
- Inflammation is the body’s response to injury, infection, irritation, or imbalance, causing symptoms of redness, soreness, heat, swelling, or loss of function. It is the cornerstone of the body’s healing response, bringing more nourishment and more immune activity to a site of injury or infection. However, Chronic inflammation, which is caused by stress, lack of exercise, genetic predisposition, exposure to toxins, and an un-healthy diet, damages the body and increases the risk of cancer and many other serious illnesses, including arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease and heart disease.
- The good news is that an anti-inflammatory diet, consisting of colorful, fresh fruits, and vegetables, herbs and essential fatty and amino acids can help initiate cell repair.
- Turmeric is one of the most potent natural anti-inflammatories. It has also been shown to be highly anti-cancerous, inhibiting cancer cell growth. Turmeric is also a natural liver detoxifier.
- Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory, helps fire up the digestive system and absorb and assimilate essential nutrients in the body. Gingers ability to inhibit nitrous oxide production and pro-inflammatory cytokines may aid neurodegenerative diseases.
Follow Cookbrooke for more anti-inflammatory recipes!